NYC Achievements in Eliminating CRC Disparities Highlighted in Journal of Clinical Oncology
- The editorial titled “States as the Laboratory for Democracy: Is Anybody Paying Attention, and Does Anybody Care” by Blase N. Polite, highlighted NYC’s success at increasing colon cancer screening and eliminating racial and ethnic screening disparities. The author commented, ‘Both New York City and Delaware made the elimination of health disparities in colorectal cancer a priority. That was a bold step, and everything else was a detail.’
- For the article click here.
Dr. Steven Itzkowitz and Mary Doroshenk to be Honored by AliveAndKickn
- Steven Itzkowitz, Professor of Medicine and Director of the GI Fellowship Program at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and our C5 Co-Chair, and Mary Doroshenk, Director of the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable, are being honored by AliveAndKickn at their 2nd annual Blue Genes Bash on Monday, March 30th.
- Congratulations to Steve and Mary! For more information, click here.
New NCCRT Communications Guidebook! – Effective Messaging to Reach the Unscreened
- The American Cancer Society and the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable published a terrific Guidebook on how to educate, empower and mobilize those unscreened for CRC. For the Guidebook, click here.
Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation Events
- Early Age Onset Colorectal Cancer Summit — Saturday, March 21st 2015
- Location: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NYC
- 12th Annual Colon Cancer Challenge — Sunday, March 22nd 2015
- Location: Citi Field, Queens
- For information on both events click here.